Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crochet Carebear

For my baby girl's first Easter I wanted to make her something special.  My favorite toy/character from childhood is the Carebear so I decided to try my hand at making one for Adelaide.  I started crocheting about a month ago, learning on my couch from a variety of youtube videos, so this was a pretty big project for me. I found patterns for all the different bears on this website  http://vintagetoychest.blogspot.com/p/crochet-toy-patterns.html>  I just used the yarn I had on hand so I didn't follow any of the actual color schemes.  Overall it was a pretty easy pattern to follow.  I was a little confused about the yarn thread since I hadn't heard of it much less ever used it.  So I tried using my regular yarn with a super tiny hook and that was very exasperating so I would definitely recommend going out and getting the actual materials listed instead of just winging it.  It will save you time in the long run. Because I didn't have the right yarn my heart turned out bigger than I anticipated so I could only fit one on the tummy but it turned out okay anyways.  Also I took the mouth off because I decided I preferred the bear without it.

Happy Easter Adelaide!

1 comment:

  1. Would you still happen to have the pattern the blog that it was on is no longer there anymore.
    It is very cute you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete