Saturday, July 7, 2012

Raspberry Cake

I just rediscovered this recipe that I used to make all the time growing up.  I even did a demonstration speech in high school giving instructions to make this.  Back when I was sure someday I would have my own cooking show...   
Anyways I made it again for a 4th of July cookout.  I totally forgot to get a picture right away and it was gone before I could grab a piece for photographing.  I'll have to make it again before I add my own picture. 
I substituted a cup of blueberries in with the raspberries to add that red, white and blue theme.  





Royal Raspberry Cake Recipe
This is the photo that came with the recipe on the Taste of Home website... http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Royal-Raspberry-Cake  
Mine looked slightly more patriotic :) and was served without ice cream.


Raspberry Cake Recipe



  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup milk, room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed 
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries

Glaze:
  • 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1/2 tbs butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

  • In a bowl, whisk together the first three ingredients; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon berries over top.
  • Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients, add more milk if your glaze is too thick; spread over cake, leaving berries exposed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment