Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bulletin Board to Jewelry Storage


So I have been looking for a way to use some leftover bulletin boards just sitting in my garage.  Creating a jewelry board seemed like a good idea so here is my attempt to do just that.  This project took maybe 20min to complete and that includes gathering up the supplies. 
Supplies: 
cork board
fabric (I used a scrap piece I picked up in the clearance section for less than $1)
scissors 
paint scraper (or some other thin blade type tool...a butter knife would probably work in a pinch)
paint and brush for the frame 



 Before

Painted the frame white


After the frame is painted and dry, start tucking your fabric.  Start in one corner and use your flat blade tool to tuck the fabric in between the frame and board. Make sure you are keeping your fabric tight and smooth as you tuck in.  I didn't cut my fabric until I had the top and one side all tucked in tightly.  Then the cut the bottom and other side using the edge of the frame as my guide.  This left me with enough fabric to finish tucking in those two sides.  Just make sure you are smoothing out any creases and keeping your fabric pulled tight as you tuck.  

After

I used old stud earrings that I no longer wear instead of thumb tacks to hold up my necklaces and such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment