Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Granny square toddler blanket

My first granny square blanket! Made this blanket for my little girl for Christmas.  I used a combination of patterns and stopped when I got to a size I thought was good for her. 

I used a square pattern I found here. But I'm sure this pattern is everywhere and you can make it unique by switching colors every round for a checkerboard effect or use all one color for a solid square.  I also used a flower pattern which I can't seem to find right now but I'll add that on if I come across it. I used 6 squares across and 8 squares long.  All my yarn was Caron Simply Soft and I used a G hook size.  Quick tip to make your blanket 1000% easier....WEAVE IN ENDS AS YOU GO! I learned this the hard way...

Joined all the squares using a youtube tutorial.













 Finished!




I think she likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment