Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread

So I was trying to find a way to use up some raspberries I had in the fridge and came across a dark chocolate raspberry bread recipe on Pinterest.  Of course I didn't have several of the other ingredients on hand so I had to alter the original recipe. I also cut the sugar content in half.  I do this for most all recipes and no one ever knows the difference.  This post is my version of bread if you want to try the original recipe click here... http://www.recipeboy.com/2012/05/raspberry-dark-chocolate-banana-bread/  They have a way prettier picture of the bread but I can't compare the taste since I only made mine (which was super delicious!)




Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread


2 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
4 Tbs butter softened 
2 eggs


1 mashed banana
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla


1 c dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)
1 c halved raspberries lightly tossed in 1 tbs Flour


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan 
Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in bowl.  With your mixer beat the sugar and butter together. Add eggs beating well after each one.  Add the banana, sour cream and vanilla.  Beat just until blended.  Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Be careful not to over-mix.  Gently stir in the chocolate chips and raspberries.  
Bake for 50-60 min
A wooden toothpick should come out clean or I never have toothpicks on hand so I use a piece of uncooked spaghetti.


Cool and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment