Monday, June 25, 2012

Dorm Dresser to Entryway Chest


 This is my first experiment with sanding and painting furniture and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the result.  My brother, just graduating college and moving 500 miles away, asked if I wanted his old dresser.  I've been wanting a new piece of furniture for my entryway and thought maybe this could work so I happily took it off his hands. Since I got the dresser for free the total cost for this project was around $35.  The most expensive part was the new hardware I bought.  Geez those little knobs add up! They were about $3 a piece and of course I needed 8. The rest was small amounts of primer, paint and sandpaper.





                                before


















                         after!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Looks great with the pictures and accessories.

    ReplyDelete